Monday, August 03, 2009

Losing an America student in my Sunday Chinese class.

There is an America teenage girl in my Sunday class. Maybe I should use was instead of is because she has already absent twice in the passed weeks. Seem as she would never appear anymore. The head teacher likes her very much. He came to my class, saying, “Your teaching is good, but some students do not like change teachers. When a teacher is changed, they stop coming.” He asked me to call her to find out the reason of her absent. When class over, the principle approached and told me, “If there are students who is absent more than twice, you should call them.” I believe her words implied the same issue.

However, I feel I don’t like to call her. If she doesn’t like the teacher and then stop coming, her action made her opinion clearly. So, what is the point of my call? To present our fondness of her? To beg she come back because our Chinese school really eager some American students? If she doesn’t like me, would she come back for the reason of my call? Perhaps! I believe this is just the concern of the head teacher and the principle. In contrast, I certainly dislike this idea. Keeping self-respect is important for me but not the concern of the head teacher and the principle.

I never believe my teaching is perfect. The only thing I believe is that I always try my best when I do any job. I have my limitation. My style definitely could not fit to everybody. I value an American student in my class because it is so rare and special. However, if I have to lose, I accept the fate.

Maybe I should not think too much. It is just a call. I lose nothing, making life easier, making everybody happier. Unfortunately, I am not such an easy person in nature. I am over thinking, torturing myself, and making everyone around me unhappy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home