Thursday, August 28, 2008

The first day of fall semester of 2008

Yesterday was the first day of the fall semester of 2008. I stayed at school the whole day, having three classes and meeting several friends. In the morning, I had the swimming class. This class is titled as “advanced beginning swimming”. I think this description is ambiguous and am confused by what level of swimming skills that the teacher is expected I have. Although I am enduring in the water but my swimming skills are not professional at all. We are instructed to buy a lot of equipments which are totally unfamiliar to me and have to learn a lot new skills, including First Aid and diving. I am scared by the first class. However, a sport class is necessary for graduation from a college. I have to go on but no other options.

I had the fist lab class of the Environment Science 111 in the afternoon. It is also a requirement course and I must take. Every week there are an assignment and a quiz. Also, in the lab, the most time is group work which is not a thing that I am good at. The Biological Anthropology is difficult for me too because it is related to biology. The only good thing is that the professor is very nice and well-organized. For this reason I won’t give up this course.

Other two courses I have are American history and Archeology of Mesoamerica. Obviously, none of the course I am taking this semester is easy. I am questioning myself if I can well handle them. However, all of these courses must be taken in order to fulfill college requirement. If I plan graduate next year, I have no reason delay to take them. When I thought about this situation yesterday night, I was so sad and even cried. The only thing I can do is to wish tomorrow will be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home