Thursday, March 27, 2008

Finished the midterm exams of Chinese 360 and Zen

My professors of history 200 gave me an A-/B+ on my mid-term paper, a paper cost me more than fifteen hours. The grade is confusing. What is the mean of A-/B+? I knew who I am and how my paper is, and I do not mean to complain. In fact, I like my professors very much and am not dissatisfied by the grade at all. I am just confused. My professors said that they saw my effort. Probably this is the reason: this paper deserves a B+, but because of my showing my effort, it may be count as an A-.

This course is very difficult for me because I couldn’t completely understand many articles that required for the course. Although I have a nice reading tutor and I meet her once a week regularly, my reading problem cannot be completely solved due to the limited assistance. Because our paper is directly based on my class discuss and reading and that is the weak part of mine, it is impossible for me to compose a very good essay as a result. I wish my professors could allow me to revise it. At least, it is a chance. Don’t other students need revise?

Also, in the course, how student talk in the class directly reflect to his or her final grade. In the first, I just push myself talking, regardless what I say or how poor the quality my expression is. I have indeed spoken a few words in every class in the first half of this semester. Gradually, I see my improving and feel it is not too difficult merely saying something. However, new problem comes while I reach a higher level. I start to feel embarrassed when sometimes my speaking is so unclear and making no sense because I urge myself speaking out at an instant moment. I know this is a difficult process; I have to be very brave and courageous in order to overcome it.

I realize one thing from my recent study that if you do something easily; probably you learn little from it. In contrast, if you have to try very hard to complete one thing; perhaps, the result is that either the effort itself is valuable or you learn a lot from the process.

This Tuesday I had the midterm exam of Chinese 360, Tang poetry. I think I did very well. I expect an A+ although it is not reality. I guess Prof. Sukhu doesn’t have the habit to give anybody an A+. If he did, I believe I would be the one. Today I finished the midterm exam of Zen. I did very well too and expect an A, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home