Saturday, September 06, 2008

A nice weekend

This semester, I go on working in the Media Center on Saturday and Monday, a total time of 11 hours. Today is the first day I am working. The Center is newly decorated and the place appears clear and beautiful. Also, because this is the beginning of a semester, the place is quiet and slow. Today I have met my old coworkers and also someone new. I bring my textbook with me and is planning to study during my work hours. Also, it is a good time to write an article for my blog.

I dropped my Archaeology course this Thursday. For that course, although I spent too much time to prepare, including a general reading during the weekend which cost 5-6 hours and the second time prepare immediately before each class, another two hours, I still feel very difficult to follow my professor and the class discuss. After I dropped it, I suddenly felt much ease.

Instead of it, I registered Prof Sukhu’s Chinese 360, Tang Poetry, again. Although I have already took Chinese 360 twice, because the course this semester is about another topic, I am allowed to take it again for another three credits. It is a real enjoyment to go to Sukhu’s class. I gave him a folding pan with a landscape painting based on idea of a Wangwei’s poem. I am sure that he will like it because Wang’s poem is just the topic of our course this semester.

Environment science 111 is not so difficult in comparison with other science courses. The teacher teaching in lab is a handsome Chinese young man. I enjoy watching him and feeling the three hour lab time turns to less boring. We will have a quiz and an exam for this course next week. I have to study now.

My American history professor is a young teacher too. I feel his class is not too difficult so far. The only concern of me is having enough time to read textbook and arrange class notes. After I had some science course, I realize history is not a difficult subject in college at all.

The last course I am taking is Anthropology 260, biology anthropology. It is hard. But the professor is well organized, speaking slowly and patiently. All of these factors give me confidence to study well on this class.

I will go to Coney Island beach tomorrow with my husband and my friend Yujun. It is a pity that I have been New York almost seven years but never swimming in the sea. The temperature of tomorrow daytime is expected to be 80 F. I believe I can at least stay half hour in the water. Yujun also suggested us to bring some foods to the beach. I think that is really good idea. How wonderful that when we have good food and drink, we are hearing the sea wind and watching the waves, sand, sea birds, and happy people. Yujun even said that she would bring a bottle of hot tea because she is worrying that I may be cold after swimming. How thoughtful and nice she is.

2 Comments:

At 10:05 PM , Blogger Kyoko said...

How was the beach? I bet you had a wonderful time with your husband and your friend.
Please let me know your new address in e-mail!

 
At 10:08 AM , Blogger pink tear said...

Emi, thank you so much for you always leave comments to me. A real friend! I have posted some pictures about I swimming in the sea on my an other blog, www.tenyear1996.blogspot.com
I do not change my mail address becasue my new room is not far away from my aunt's house and her address is premanetly. I go back to visit her very often and I can check my mails in the same time.
Have a wonderful day! Pink Tear

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home