Monday, October 27, 2008

A Tang poem by Wangwei we have translated in class


Summer House in Zhongnan Mountain

In my middle age, I very much enjoyed Buddhist Dharma.
In the later of my life, I established my house at the site of Zhongnan Mountain.
When I get inspired, I always go to the mountain alone.
There are many interesting places that only I know and appreciate.
When I go to the place where a river ends,
I sit and watch the clouds rising.
Randomly, I meet old men living in the forest.
We talk and laugh; we have no practical time to go back home.

1 Comments:

At 10:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A kid of rockin roll was I,
Now a man of rapping crap.
Dwelling in the hood of Queens,
And daily stroll on the street.
The places never old, always new;
And the strange peoples I greet.
In some noisy bars at Friday night,
I sit and chat the pretty bitches:)
Sometimes, I take them for a ride;
We...you know, n never rush to leave.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home