Friday, February 02, 2007

Two nice professors

I have changed many times for the courses this semester. Until today, the final decision are Anthropology 101, 102, Oriental study 140W, History 142, LCD 101. I wish those courses can go smoothly during this semester.

The professor Bevington of LCD 101, introduction to language, is very nice. She smiles all the time in the class, and her attitude is very friendly. Every Friday, she puts the summary of this week on E-Blackboard, which is very usefully for students who cannot take a good note or absent. Also, she lists important concepts for each chapter. She makes this course easy to be followed. I feel very comfortable both in class and outside studying for this course.

In comparison with Professor Bevington, the professor Sukhu of the Oriental study course is not an easy person. As a rule, he rarely gives students high grades. However, he is very knowledgeable. Since this course studies about Asian religions such as Confucianism, Daoism, and Buddhism, and I am interested by all of those subjects, I enjoy professor Sukhu’s lectures a lot.

I have been studying with my grandfather about Chinese classical literature many years. After he passed away ten years ago, I have studied alone and never want to give up. Sometimes I dream having a lifetime long master to teach me, that should be the most joyful thing of mine rather that having money, house, or cars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home